CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

The Village Idiot!



Now that is not my official title like Village Idiot played by Kristin Johnson, but when you see me dance it is obvious. We started practicing about a month before we opened (didn't help) and in the scene with Gaston we dance and bang our beer mugs. Well as I have mentioned before I am not a dancer it is because my friend Jenny in 5th grade told me never to dance again in my life...so I didn't. And no matter how many times I have done Hip Hop Abs that didn't help either. Then to top it off they put me in heels and on the front row (because I can't be seen anywhere else). Which not only am I not a dancer but I am also clumsy! I know one of these times I am going to fall off my heels, fall off the stage and right into the laps of the people on the front row. I am happy to say that I have made it through two performances and I have remained upright...except for a little slip while running down some stairs...nobody saw I was backstage! I am very glad I auditioned it has been one of the funnest experiences in my life. The people are amazing, the costumes are outstanding (Well done Kody & Danny Rash)! And despite the fear of truly being the Village Idiot very grateful that they looked past the tap dancing and took me on anyways!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have comment boxes now! I love it! ...And LOL about the play! You'd think the clinking of the beer bugs would be something you'd have had ample practice with :) I so wish I could be there!

Julie said...

Hey Kristen! Cute blog! I'm sure you're a wonderful dancer and very entertaining too!

Julie said...

This is Spencer, I understand the dancing thing. Julie won't let me dance in public.