CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

The theatre, the theatre...

I have always wanted to be in a play. It is one of the items on my "have to do before I die" list. So I went looking for auditions. I came across Beauty and the Beast, but auditions were a week away, so I frantically started searching for a song. I chose "Singin' in the Rain" I figured I knew that song well enough that I could show "character." Day of auditions comes I am physically ill I am so nervous. I get to the the theatre and find out I have to audition with 11 others. I am number 10. So now you have to listen to others and get even more nervous. I mean all I really wanted to do was be tree in the background and if my arms got tired from holding them up I would pretend it was the wind. My turn comes and I start singing and I think I'm having a heart attack but I keep singing. Well, it was getting closer, and closer to the dancing part of the song...I don't dance...I was hoping they would cut me off sooner. So I say "This would be the part that I would tap dance if I knew how...Oh, what the heck I will try it anyways!" I then proceeded to tap around the stage looking like a complete idiot. They enjoyed it though! I am now in Beauty and the Beast...I play the village idiot! :)

0 comments: