CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Oh, sweet mystery of life at last I found him...

J/K everyone, I have not found anyone yet unless you count my two 7 year old nephews who seem to think I rock!! I have been thinking lately isn't it funny that on your quest to find the right one you have to go through so many bad ones first. My mom is concerned that I am getting too old and becoming a menace, plus I thinks she wants more grandchildren (she said she is even having dreams about my kids), so she has taken it upon herself to find me a man. I have been out with every Tom, Dick and Harry, as well as Harry's cousin twice removed, Bubba. I think that my mother carries my picture around with her and shows it to ANY male she can find. It doesn't just stop with her, she has even roped my sisters and dad into her evil plan. My sister even went as far as setting me up a new email address and emailing some guy who wrote an article in the paper about him having diabetes,and look at him now, yada, yada, yada. When she told me about it she said she based the "match" on that fact that we both had diabetes so we we would be perfect. Which leads me to my second point, when you do agree to go on one of these "matches" the thought always comes to mind, what made you think that we would be perfect together. Having a disease together doesn't make you a match made in heaven, it means you are going to be poor with all the medical bills you will now have. Or the couples that want to see their friends as happy as they are so they set you up with their single friends and by the end of your night, you would have rathered have all your teeth pulled. So the question remains how do you find the right someone? Do you keep getting set-up on these excruiatinglly painful nights and pray that maybe this next one will be the final time you will have to do this. Or do you just give up all together and hope that fate is on your side? I am almost to the latter I don't know how many more evenings with Bubba I can manage. Until that time I will endure hoping that it is soon over and I can get on with the next stage of my life. Good luck with yours and if you know anyone single send them my way!

0 comments: