CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 27, 2009

Ramblings

Ok, so I know it has been a while since I last wrote anything on here...7 months of nothing. My life is not that interesting I don't travel to exotic places, only my house to work, back to my house, out to Hyrum and sometimes I even venture as far as Smithfield to visit my friends. I haven't done anything epic. I have had a lot of fun though, so bear with me as I ramble about what has been going on in the last 7 months.


In October my insulin pumped failed, which sent me to the hospital once again. I swear with all the money I have payed them, there should be a Kristin Johnson wing in the ICU by now. My pump was out of warranty so they told me I could purchase another one at $6,000 or go on shots. I went on shots. I give 4-5 shots a day and am pretty bruised from all the needle pricks. It seems to be working right now, so we will see how it goes, keep your fingers crossed.

November.

December.

January... I did go to a concert in January, my friend Danny is in a band called Stay for the Summer they played along with Broke City. This picture is of my group of friends. Danny is the one in the hat and I am next to Joel who is the lead singer of Broke City. Sometimes when I go to concerts, I feel completely out of place, like everyone is looking at me saying..."Oh, she so does not belong here!" "Look at the way she is dressed, definitely not a rocker!" I still had a lot of fun, rocking out, dancing with Jon, and laughing till my sides hurt!






February.


March...A few more concerts.











I also realized that wearing a scarf to concerts lets you hold onto it when you are at the awkward, I don't know how to dance and don't know what to do with my hands moment! :)

April...It is my birthday month so this should be good! I turned 28, let me tell you I am feeling it. I creak and crackle every time I move. I want to go to bed earlier, cause late nights are to taxing on myself. My family got together and played soccer and I felt it for days after. Maybe I should explain how my family plays soccer. It is not how you would think. We tackle. Yes, I said it, we tackle when we play. I still have a bruise on the top of my foot where my niece tried to jump on my back to take me down so her brother could get the ball from me. Mothers will take out their own children for the sake of making a goal. I will say that I did make one goal, before said action by my niece. However I did get her back by doing a really cool side sweeping leg kick that landed her flat on her back!! Ha Ha! I know you are thinking that it is horrible, let me list the injuries.

Sister 1: Hurt heel
Sister 2: Bruised ankle
Brother 2: Ripped off toenail
Nephew 2: Wind knocked out of him
Niece 1: Not really sure why she was limping, could be the leg thingy.
Dog: Got literally rolled over 3 times by the ball.

I couldn't walk because of all the running...as many of you know, I can't run, I run like a duck so my theory is that because I am trying to compensate for my lack of running abilities I therefore, am sorer than anyone else.

We had a party for a friend who turned 30. The theme was 30, Flirty & Thriving! And we all had to wear pink. Now we were also told we could wear pink as a highlight color, so that is what I did but they didn't seem to like it so after every one's "input" I ended up with my underneath tank top on top of my shirt with out my cute cardigan.

See the above cute blue cardigan...it is cute, right? Then look at the after shot. Notice that Danny is allowed to wear blue, but I had to be re-dressed. That night was a lot of fun. We laughed until our heads hurt!
Thanks for letting me ramble and to those still reading, thanks! To end and hopefully I will have more to post with my new adventures. I am going to be trying out in the fall for some new shows, Slipper and the Rose, the Prince's version of Cinderella and then Thoroughly Modern Millie, which is my all time favorite show!!! So in order to improve my chance at tryouts I am taking a tap class. Yes, the person who has no dancing ability what so ever (please note previous blogs) is taking a tap class. My shuffle, ball change is coming along but the flaps, I just can't seem to master that. I will keep you informed though! I promise Toni!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I might just fall over! I love hearing about your adventures! And um ...bed time is 2216 now until 2217? Lol, oh things to look forward to.

jill said...

umm hello! I am pretty sure that Novemeber, December, and especially February were filled with Aggie Basketball. That's all I wanted to say.

Oh yeah and good work taking pictures :)

Mindy said...

I cannot tell you how extremely happy I am that you attended a party where you had to wear PINK!! BEST DAY EVER! I think I want my next birthday to require such! P.s. I adore that first concert photo of you! You look smokin', woman! :)

Life of Us said...

Kristin! How exciting to see the fun times! It actually is a blast seeing all of my high school/theater friends on your blog! Us married folks don't get out much being so far far away in Provo, but it IS fun to see the goings on of Logan!!! Tell everyone "hello" from me! LOL

Vicky said...

Sounds like you're still making mischief, but it's so fun to hear. Keep us all posted on the upcoming plays.